At Gepp Solicitors, we aim to eliminate discrimination and promote equality and diversity in everything we do. That applies to our own policies and practices, as well as how we influence our world.
We believe everyone deserves courtesy, attention and respect – whatever their disability, gender, age, race, nationality, beliefs or sexual orientation.
We comply with the latest SRA Code of Conduct’s diversity and equality policies. If these change, we’ll change with them, so our own anti-discrimination policies and practices stay bang up to date.
Equal opportunities for our employees
This firm is committed to eliminating discrimination and promoting equality and diversity in its own policies, practices, and procedures, and in those areas in which it has influence. The firm intends to treat everyone equally and with the same attention, courtesy and respect regardless of their disability, gender, marital status, age, race, racial group, colour, ethnic or national origin, nationality, religion or belief or sexual orientation. In developing and implementing its anti-discrimination policy, the firm is committed to complying with the SRA Code of Conduct 2011’s diversity and equality policies, and with all current and any future anti-discrimination legislation and associated codes of practice
As an employer, we treat all our employees and job applicants equally and fairly and don’t discriminate unjustifiably against them. This includes, for example, arrangements for recruitment and selection, terms and conditions of employment, access to training opportunities, access to promotion and transfers, grievance and disciplinary processes, demotions, selection for redundancies, dress code, references, bonus schemes, work allocation, and any other employment related activities.
We recognise the benefits of having a diverse workforce and take steps to ensure that:
- we endeavour to recruit from the widest possible pool of qualified candidates
- employment opportunities are open and accessible to all on the basis of candidates’ individual qualities and personal merits
- where appropriate, positive action measures are taken to attract applications from all sections of society and especially from those groups which are under-represented in the workforce
- selection criteria and processes do not discriminate unjustifiably on the grounds of disability, gender, marital status, race, racial group, colour, ethnic or national origin, nationality, religion or belief, or sexual orientation, other than in those instances where the firm is exercising permitted positive action
- wherever appropriate and necessary, lawful exemptions (genuine occupational requirements) will be used to recruit suitable staff to meet the special needs of particular groups
- all recruitment agencies acting for the firm are aware of its requirement not to discriminate and to act accordingly.
We will take steps to ensure that we meet the diverse needs of our clients. Where necessary, we will devise procedures to deliver services that meet specific needs arising from clients’ ethnic or cultural background, gender, religion or belief, sexual orientation, disabilities, age or other relevant factors. We will do so only where this is permitted by the relevant anti-discrimination legislation.
We will take seriously any complaint of discrimination by or on behalf of a client and act promptly to investigate.
A copy of the Firm’s Equality & Diversity Policy can be found here
A copy of our diversity stats can be found by clicking the following link: Gepp Solicitors Diversity Report