Paralegal Assistant (Full Time)
Commercial Department - Chelmsford Office
We are looking for an experienced Paralegal who has the appropriate experience in working in a commercial legal team.
Your role will involve assisting fee earners in the department by:
- Having a basic understanding of commercial law (the department covers rural and commercial property, company commercial and employment law)
- Have excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Be highly organised and the ability to work to deadlines
- Have excellent typing/IT skills
- Be client focused and be aware of client expectations
Nature and Scope
Reporting to the Head of Department and other solicitors in the department. The role is to assist in the handling, development and progression of commercial matters in a supportive role, although some autonomy and use of initiative is essential. To be responsible for the provision of excellent client service and at all times compliance with the firm’s procedures as well as meeting professional standards.
- Assisting with the provision of high quality commercial law service
- Preparing documentation
- Undertaking Land Registry searches and other searches if required
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- To ensure targets for chargeable time recorded on the time case management system are achieved.
- Ensure the delivery of excellent client service to all clients including good communication, timely response to correspondence, timely response to tasks delegated to you and proactive management of client work.
Salary and Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
- Income Protection
- Health cash plan.
We are committed to recruiting individuals on merits of suitability for each role, on the basis of qualifications and experience. All applications are treated fairly and equally regardless of sexual orientation, race, disability, religious beliefs and any other protected characteristic, ensuring that there are equal opportunities at all stages of the recruitment process.
Please submit your CV (maximum double sided) and a short covering letter to Karen Mollison, Practice Manager .E:email@example.com.