We welcome applications from solicitors, Chartered Legal Executives, Licensed Conveyancers and conveyancing executives
The position is for a permanent full-time residential conveyancer in the firm's conveyancing department. You must have 18 – 24 months experience in conveyancing and handling your own cases.
You will be required to deliver support at a consistent and high standard to partners, fee-earners and administration staff and to meet client requirements and deadlines to deliver an exceptional client experience. You must have a flexible and positive approach to working in a busy and demanding conveyancing team.
The following is not exhaustive and there will be other ad hoc or ongoing duties to be fulfilled:
- Experience with freehold and leasehold properties
- Title checking
- Preparation of contracts and supporting documents
- Liaising with clients, clients’ agents, borrowers, buyers’ solicitors, internal departments and any other as necessary
- Dealing with post completion issues
- Reporting on title, settling transactions and client reporting
- To deal with matters of a pre-exchange and post-exchange nature
- Progressing the conveyancing process in an efficient, accurate and timely manner whilst adhering to legal requirements
- Ensuring all documents and files are kept up to date
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism and ensuring client matters and information are kept confidential
- To seek assistance from the Head of Department in respect of unusual or difficult problems arising on transactions
- To achieve and seek to exceed the targets set by the department
- To attend and represent the Firm at marketing/networking events to bring in new business
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties from time to time allocated to the role.
The successful candidate must demonstrate managing their own caseload. The candidate must have excellent customer service skills and be a good communicator, together with good time-management skills and a team player. With an ability to work under pressure, the successful candidate will be expected to provide a high level of service to clients.
Salary and Benefits
Life Assurance (4 x annual salary)
Health cash plan.
Apply: Please email your CV and covering letter to Karen Mollison, e: email@example.com
Gepp Solicitors is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.