Licensing Exemptions, Restrictions and Conditions
There are licensing exemptions, restrictions and conditions that you will need to consider. Our licensing solicitors will provide you on up to date advice.
You may not need a licence for some types of entertainment, including:
- Educational or promotional films.
- Films shown as part of an exhibition in a museum or gallery.
- Incidental music (live or recorded).
The following restriction applies for a premises licence:
- You must be 18 or over to apply for a premises licence.
When applying for a premises licence the following conditions will apply:
- You must be, or appoint, a Designated Premises Supervisor (DPS) when you apply for a licence.
- A DPS must have a personal licence to sell alcohol.
There may be other conditions added to your licence, eg having an age-checking policy if you sell alcohol and it is important that you speak to one of our licensing experts to ensure that you are aware of all relevant conditions that may apply.