Our team of specialist family solicitors can help in a range of situations, including:
- Divorce and civil partnership dissolution – we’ll guide you through the legal process in obtaining a divorce in the most stress-free manner.
- Financial settlement – we will represent you in achieving the fairest financial settlement following your divorce, whether that be through consent or court proceedings.
- Separation agreements – if you’re separated but aren’t ready or don’t want to divorce, we can help draft a separation agreement.
- Cohabitation – there’s no such thing as a “common law marriage”. If you’re unmarried and living together or planning to do so, we can draft a cohabitation agreement to protect you if your relationship breaks down.
- Pre-nuptial agreements – if you’re planning to get married but want to agree beforehand how your property and financial assets would be split if you were to divorce.
- New relationships – we can help you protect your children’s inheritance.
- Child arrangements – we can negotiate arrangements such as the time children spend with each parent to where they go to school.
- Grandparents’ rights – we can assist grandparents in securing contact with a grandchild.
- Child abduction or relocation – if your former partner has taken your child, we could help you get them back. If you or your former partner wants to move to another country with your children, we can assist.
- Adoption – assist you through the process and handle all of the legal aspect of adoption a child
- Non-molestation and Occupation orders when you need protection from an abusive partner
We’ll work hard to get the best possible outcome for you and your family.
Where appropriate, we always recommend mediation or other forms of dispute resolution. We can recommend you to mediation services as part of our initial consultation. If negotiations do break down and your matter does go to court, you’ll have our full support at every stage.
Our approach for clients in Essex
Our clients value our flexible approach to helping with the initial stages of resolving your family issues. We offer two types of consultation, which can be either be face-to-face or over the telephone/zoom.
For an in-depth discussion with an experienced family law solicitor, we offer a 1-hour consultation for £175 plus VAT. This is an opportunity for you to speak in confidence with a specialist who has in-depth knowledge of all areas of family law, including children, finances, and divorce. We’ll take the time to understand the full history of your situation and provide a holistic approach covering any areas which may be related to ensure you get the maximum benefit during the time. During the hour we will:
- Discuss the details of your circumstances to get a full understanding of your position and identify any distinct issues
- Provide an explanation of your legal position, the legal process involved and the options available to you
- Summarise the issues and the application of the law to those issues and advise as to the pros and cons of each
- Empower you to take any necessary actions by providing you with a clear roadmap of what your next steps are.
We offer a free, 15-minute consultation call with a case handler specialising in Family law. We will listen to your situation and circumstances and help to sign post you to the next step.
Do you have Defence Privilege Card or a Blue Light Card?
Gepp Solicitors are proud to support the individuals who work within the NHS, emergency services, social care sector and armed forces. To show how much we value their hard work, we have teamed up with Blue Light Card and Defence Discount Service to offer discounts off a range of our Family Law services.
If you work or volunteer with any of the above and hold a Blue Light Card or a Defence Privilege Card we can offer you a discount off our charges for the following services:
- Civil Partnership
- Pre-marital agreements
- Post-marital agreements
- Cohabitation agreements
- Financial settlements including separation agreements
- Child Arrangement Orders
Receive a £100.00 discount off your first invoice – You must notify us that you are a Blue Light Card or a Defence Privilege Card holder at the point of enquiry.
For more information about our Blue Light Card offering, visit our dedicated Blue Light Card page.
Get in touch
Or complete the enquiry form below:
Please note, we do not accept legal aid for family matters.