A trust can be a tax-efficient way to protect your family’s wealth provided it’s well managed. Whether you’re a trustee or a beneficiary, we’ll help make sure your trust protects your family.
How trusts work
A trust allows you to place money, property or assets under the control of named trustees. It can:
- Protect your property and assets from tax and care home fees
- Pass on your wealth to future generations
- Provide for disabled relatives and vulnerable children
- Allow you to gift assets to your children, while protecting your family’s wealth from divorce or bankruptcy.
Specialist support whenever you need it
At Gepp Solicitors, we’ve been helping families set up and administer trusts for generations. Whether you simply need expert advice or ‘hands on’ support, talk to us. We can help you:
- Manage your trust day to day
- Prepare any legal documentation
- Finalise your trust and advise on any tax implications
- If you’re a beneficiary, we can advise on your rights, tax position and the duty of the trustees to look after your interests.
We’re deeply committed to providing the best possible service, and we’re proud to provide the annual Wills & Trust seminar for MENCAP.
Specialist solicitors for the elderly
We offer specialist legal advice for the elderly and families living with dementia.
As one of the most established and experienced elderly care solicitors in the region, we understand how difficult it can be to come to terms with the diagnosis of dementia and other mental health conditions. Our team are highly qualified solicitors help clients who have life-changing diagnoses and work hard to look for positive legal solutions for the future. For more information, visit our dementia information page, where you can find access to resources and more information about what our team can do to help you plan for the future.
To find out more
To find out more about the services that we can offer you, please get in touch.