Looking after you and your interests for 250 years
Solicitors in Chelmsford and Colchester, Essex
As the more observant of you will have noticed from our letterhead, Gepp & Sons Solicitors can trace its lineage back to 1768 when Edward Gepp, Attorney, set up his first office in one of the rooms of his house in Chelmsford High Street.
To mark the firm's 250th Anniversary we have decided to freshen up our image. The Gepp logo was donated to us by the Gepp family and was derived from their Coat of Arms. The last time that the firm's brand was refreshed was in 1987, so the 250th anniversary is an ideal opportunity to bring the brand up to date. We have had the Gepp eagle redrawn using original heraldic source documents to celebrate our heritage, but also to deliver the type of strong and vibrant image that stands out in the Twenty First Century environment of social media and webpages.
Throughout the last 250 years the firm has been known by different names; at once stage we were Gepp & Perkins, then Gepp & Veley and it was not until 1867 that the firm finally became known as Gepp & Sons Solicitors. After considerable soul searching we decided to make the name more relevant to modern life and to take us back to our original roots and Gepp & Sons Solicitors has been shortened to become Gepp Solicitors.
As our recent advert in the Essex Chronicle noted we’ve been providing the advice that you needed, with the service you wanted since 1768. "After 250 years, we thought we should maybe make some changes. So we’ve freshened up our logo. And shortened our name. Everything else is business as usual. If it isn’t broken, why fix it?"
We look forward to continuing to do business with you!
How can we help?
- Looking to buy or sell a property?Let us help you budget with our free conveyancing quotation pack.
- Divorce, Separation, Relationship Breakdown?Need an expert on your side?
- Facing Court action or need help with a dispute?Our solicitors in Chelmsford focus on finding the best solution for you.
- Interview under caution or Court AppearancesNeed advice?Speak to our Experienced Criminal Law solicitors
- Employment Law Facing redundancy or need help with Employment issues?
- Wills and Lasting Power of Attorney?Life changes - let our Chelmsford solicitors help you plan for the future.